Emily Patchin is a legislative consultant for RISCH ♦ PISCA, PLLC, with an emphasis in state government affairs.
♦ PROFESSIONAL STATUS & PRACTICE AREAS
Emily Hunter is the Senior Government Affairs Manager for RISCH ♦ PISCA, PLLC. As one of the lobbyists in the firm, Ms. Hunter has represented clients in the Idaho Legislature since 2012.
Ms. Hunter has excellent relationships at all levels of state government and has earned the trust of elected officials and colleagues throughout Idaho politics. She is thorough in her work and is respected as a lobbyist who thoroughly knows the issues, is strategic in her approach and works diligently to get a project over the goal line.
Ms. Hunter serves clients in all issue areas but stands out among her colleagues for her deep knowledge of healthcare policy. She has worked with large stakeholder groups on various healthcare issues and has drafted and shepherded many complex pieces of legislation.
Ms. Hunter is an excellent communicator, both orally and written, and enjoys a reputation of having the right information at the right time with spot-on instincts.
Outside of work, Ms. Hunter enjoys travelling, fly-fishing, mountaineering, running, patio sitting and spending time with friends and family.
♦ EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Boise State University, Bachelor of Business Administration (Magna Cum Laude), 2009
♦ POLITICAL BACKGROUND
- 2012-Present: Lobbyist, Risch Pisca PLLC.
- 2010-2011: Associate, Gallatin Public Affairs
- 2010: Intern, Idaho State Senate
♦ PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Idaho Governor’s Cup Assistant Director
- Idaho Business Review’s Accomplished Under 40 Honoree – 2018
- Idaho Legislative Advisors