Jeremy P. Pisca
Mr. Pisca is a partner in the firm and concentrates his practice in the areas of government affairs, real property, construction, land-use, transactional and corporate law.
♦ PROFESSIONAL STATUS & PRACTICE AREAS
Mr. Pisca is a partner in the firm and practices as both an attorney and a lobbyist while concentrating his practice in the area of government affairs.
Mr. Pisca has been involved in Idaho politics for more than 25 years and has a deep and thorough understanding of Idaho’s people, elected leaders, politics, policies and procedures. Throughout his lobbying practice he has successfully represented clients in virtually all issue areas including: tax policy; economic development; e-commerce; product regulation; professional licensure and regulation; natural resource development, use and regulation; health care; finance and appropriations; administrative procedure; real estate and development; telecommunications; transportation; and, education finance, regulation and administration.
Mr. Pisca has been a known and trusted part of Idaho politics for three decades with a solid reputation and longstanding relationships at all levels of state government. A skilled and respected bill drafter, he has personally authored and secured the passage of several complex pieces of legislation throughout his career. He is an excellent communicator and an expert at testifying before legislative committees. Former Governor C.L. “Butch” Otter describes him as a “trusted advisor – and an honest broker.”
Outside of the office, he enjoys running, mountain biking, fly-fishing and snow skiing and any other outdoor adventures Idaho has to offer.
♦ EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Boise State University, Bachelor of Arts (cum laude), 1995
- University of Idaho, College of Law, Juris Doctor, 1999 (Member of Idaho Law Review)
♦ POLITICAL BACKGROUND
- 1999 – present: Lobbyist
- 2002 – campaign manager for Bogert for Attorney General
- 1995-1998 – Idaho Governor Philip E. Batt, Staff Assistant (Issue areas included: health, welfare, education, taxation, insurance, tribal gaming, housing)
- 1994 – Batt for Governor Campaign, campaign staff
- 1994 – U.S. Senator Larry E. Craig, legislative intern
♦ PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
Mr. Pisca is admitted to practice before all courts in the state of Idaho and the United States District Court for the District of Idaho. In addition, he is or has been affiliated with the following:
- National Beer Wholesaler’s Industry Service Award – 2014
- Idaho Business Review’s Accomplished Under 40 Honoree – 2010
- Idaho Governor’s Cup, Board of Directors, Secretary
- Idaho Legislative Advisors (former President)
- Idaho State Bar, Young Lawyers Section (former Chairman)
- Boise State Alumni Association, (former Board of Directors)
- “Betting on the Future,” 34 Idaho Law Review, 651
♦ PROFESSIONAL INSTRUCTION
Mr. Pisca has extensive experience as a public speaker and has served as a continuing legal education (CLE) instructor and a continuing real estate education (CE) instructor. He is also a frequent guest lecturer at the University of Idaho College of Law and Boise State University College of Public Policy.